Many children and adults are concerned about crowded, crooked, or “misaligned” teeth. Some people may dislike the way their teeth look and wish to get them straightened. By correcting adult patients’ misaligned and crowded teeth, our specialist dentists can help them feel more confident in their appearance.
What Causes Crowded Teeth?
Both your baby and adult teeth have the potential to grow in crooked. This is likely caused by the amount of space in your mouth. If a child’s baby teeth grow in a crowded position, the adult teeth are likely to follow suit. Teeth can become crowded for a variety of causes, and it is critical to address misaligned teeth to avoid future difficulties.
– Digit sucking in youth
– Jaw size
– Early tooth loss- When baby teeth are lost early due to dental disease, the space for the adult teeth to emerge is compromised, resulting in crowding.
– Extra large teeth
– Injury to the teeth themselves causing them to move place
Crooked or misaligned teeth can lead to a variety of dental and cosmetic issues, including:
– Periodontal disease is caused by a lack of ability to adequately clean the teeth, which can progress to gum disease.
– Tooth decay- packed teeth act as plaque traps, resulting in tooth decay.
– Crowded teeth can cause speech issues by disrupting the way sounds are articulated.
– Chewing and digestion are both influenced by how well food is chewed.
Tooth wear; teeth that are crowded may not fit together effectively during function, causing wear
– Feeling dissatisfied with your appearance leads to low self-esteem.