Periodontics & Gum Disease
Periodontology is a branch of dentistry that focuses on the tooth’s supporting structures and the disorders that impact them. Gum Disease and Gingivitis are examples of conditions that a periodontist would treat.
Periodontal therapy includes:
- Treatment for Gingivitis
- The treatment of periodontitis
- Treatment for periodontal disease around dental implants – peri-implantitis
- Repair of an irregular gumline
- Gum grafting to correct gum recession
- remedy for bad breath
- Dental Implant Procedure
What are the symptoms of periodontitis?
Variable manifestations and symptoms may include the following:
- Bleeding while brushing teeth.
- Red, swollen and perhaps sensitive gums.
- Chronic foul breath
- Gums that have separated from the teeth.
- Retracted gums
- Teeth that are loose or have shifted position.
- Oral discharge or pus around the gums
- A modification to the way teeth bite together.
In its severe stages, periodontal disease can be difficult for non-specialist dentists and hygienists to treat. We have registered periodontists that can handle even the most difficult problems. Whenever feasible, they will collaborate with our hygienists to provide our patients with the most adaptable treatment programmes.